Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Leche Flan


So I finally tried making the Filipino dessert Leche Flan. I bought the "lanyera" which is the mold we use to cook the leche flan in from the Philippines when I went on vacation for the holidays. The recipe wasn't so complicated until I started making the caramelized sugar. Tell me why I was waiting for it to caramelize for hours! I don't know what I was doing wrong, but it wouldn't turn dark brown on me. It just got hard! I ever tried making it twice thinking I turned up the heat too high. Anyway, I cooked it without the sugar turning brown. To my surprise the leche flan itself came out so yummy! I really need to learn how to caramelize the sugar. Someone help me! Lol :) I got the ingredients from a link, http://panlasangpinoy.com/2009/07/02/leche-flan/. Didn't really copy the directions, just the ingredients. I used a pan to try and caramelize the sugar and I cooked the leche flan in my electric steamer. Here is a picture of how it turned out.

I will make sure to perfect this sooner or later. Wish me luck! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment